Reading Knows No Age, Color, or Creed
All the amazing stories this week at Books Are Our Superpower
Dear readers and writers,
Books Are Our Superpower was started with the aim of building a thriving community of readers and book lovers. With that in mind, we started our own Discord server, always buzzing with activity and conversations about favorite books and current reads.
And today, we bring to you something new.
Every Sunday, I’m going to send out a newsletter to all our readers with the following intentions in mind:
- Highlight some of the stories I enjoyed reading this week on the publication.
- Share my feelings about the books being talked about the most on the publication (note: there might be some affiliate links here. So, if you choose to purchase through these, it will help me earn a small amount at no extra cost to you).
- Celebrate the wins of our writers and help more readers discover their stories.
Let’s begin, shall we?
Three Articles I Enjoyed This Week
So many people swear by Robert Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Our writer reminds us that not every lesson in the book needs to be followed blindly. She discusses why in her brilliant article.
“Let’s remind ourselves that living on this planet and having access to a lot of resources doesn’t mean we have to compete against each other and that besides financial excess, we all have the choice to strive for financial sufficiency.”
Learning life lessons from a fictional character can be overrated. But only a true book lover can understand how life-changing works of fiction can be.
Our writer talks about the five lessons she learned from the protagonist of The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo in her brilliant article. Summed up, the lessons are:
- When Opportunity Doesn’t Knock, Build a Door
- What You See Is Not What Is Real
- Good and Bad, It Is All in the Mind
- You Matter More Than Others
- Regrets Are Forever
The writer talks about how we all need a little bit of escapism in our life from time to time. If you’re a fan of young adult fiction as an adult, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Read her latest article, to get all the feels (along with some amazing YA fiction book recommendations).
Our Highest Performers This Week
- 3 Books That You Should Read Even If You Read Rarely by Ahsan Chaudhry
- 3 Fantasy Fiction Books That Delve Deep Into Human Psychology by Anangsha Alammyan
- Read These Books If You’re Struggling With Your Mental Health by Matt Lillywhite
What Else Is Going On At BAOS
We have started being active on our social media channels so we can bring eyeballs to the stories our readers write. If you haven’t followed us yet, here are the links:
That’s all from this end today. I’ll see you again next Sunday.
Until then, keep reading, keep writing, and keep being awesome.